Wednesday, December 10, 2008

french lunch should not equal flunch

We were burning through the country last August, trying to get from Paris to Strasbourg and back to Paris in a day. Each leg was 5h long. And of course we did it on a Sunday which meant that nothing was open so we couldn't buy sheets to sleep on at our new apt in Strasbourg but we needed to drop off all of our stuff before we went to the south for some R&R.

On our way back, we got hungry and decided to stop at one of the many stops along the highway. Flunch. My hunch is that flunch = french + lunch. However, what we ended up ingesting there was not so synonymous with the name.

Ax had this:



I had a crepe which I had to pay for and then they gave me this to pick it up with:




I don't think we need to say we aren't breaking down the doors to go back.

No comments:

 
Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.