Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crazy few weeks..

Ok so it has been a while since my last poste..maybe it has something to do with that I've been feeling like a headless chicken lately with my head cut off but my legs running around aimlessly.  
To start with we finished saving the earth from space in our final report and presentation two weeks ago.  This involved a series of sleepless nights before hand of editing and writing random missing paragraphs in the middle of the night.  On the day of our great presentation, I was nervous; our presentation team was still not really sure what the project was about until the night before...yikes! Then I notice that one of the panelist is from Nigeria, the very country that we were using as a case study for our porject..f*&^!  Nevertheless they managed our presentation team did a really nice job telling the story of what we set out to do.  Phew! done.  

Rani and I then set off on our road trip - 9 hours of driving through the french country side to spend a couple of days of r and r in the south of France.  We decided that it might make the most sense for Pickles to come out here, since we really don't have a home at the moment.  I'm really starting to wonder if we should just buy a bus and raise our kids on the road.  Yes we're like scientists on tour!  you should see our groupies.   So more running around, between checking out maternities and getting all the stuff done around the house, and three days later we drive back to Straz.  Clean the apartment, meet our new tennant for the month, and then off to Cologne Germany.  Not sure if Rani mentionned this before, but we somehow managed to get a room in a fancy apartment downtown living with a familly (mom and daughter) through Sven our great German in Vancouver.  Anyway this arrangement is working perfectly for us as we didn't have the hassle of setting up a new apartment, and more importantly of leaving it.  Now we just have to sort out this German language.  When people here my name they can't understand why I don't speak, or when I do try to say something it all comes out in Japanese (the foreign language section of my brain).  


No comments:

 
Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.