Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nos voisins



Someone came knocking. It was our extremely hot and super sweet neighbours, Eloise and Laurent. They brought some strawberries with creme fraiche for us. Everywhere we live, we manage to have the best neighbours. Strasbourg is no exception. Eloise and Laurent are truly two of my favourite people over here. Not only do they bring us strawberries, but they have taken us out for brunch, come over to bring us music that they think we would like, and shared their cute cat with me whenever I want. In fact, Milene the persian kitten, came over today to help deliver the goods. She especially likes Axel's laundry bag. When we first arrived, they came knocking on the door to borrow eggs, and we exchanged those for use of their internet for a month while we dealt with the internet debacle (see Sep and Oct 2008 entry for those rants).

Both of them are from the south of France (on the other side of where we usually end up) but have spent a lot of time in reunion island where I've decided we are going to for our real first anniversary...3 years from now). Another cool factoid - Laurent and I were born on the exact same day (year too). Very cool.

Another bonus about having Laurent and Eloise next to us is that they are musicians. Unbelievably talented ones. They just put out their first CD and though I heard all of the songs at least 20 times each, hearing them not between the walls made their music even better. Their CD is focused on french folk music, but they do everything. The beatles and zeppelin, opera, pop, whatever they are in the mood for.

If you are interested in hearing some of their music, they just put up websites:

http://www.louiseelson.fr
http://www.myspace.com/louiseelson

Have a listen. You will be transported into one of my work at home days.

1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

Hello! I know this is random, and I just stumbled across your blog but you sound genuinely American. I will be flying into Frankfurt on June 18th... could we talk? My blog is www.iwantthebest.blogspot.com.
My e-mail is christin@ida.net.

 
Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.