Tuesday, September 8, 2009

for a little blog break...

...we just had pickles! At 6:08 am this morning (Sept 8, yes a month early). It's a girl. Mila (and maybe Mahara...still trying to figure out if this works ok in french), and 2.27 kg (5 lbs almost exactly). She came out after 24.5 hours of some pretty intense work and a lot of debate whether it would be possible for me to get her out because of the narrowness of the pelvis. Well, she made it out through the pelvis so now we know the weight limit of birthing for me. My water broke at 5:30 am on the 7th so we had no choice but to birth today.

Axel is pretty tired having to snooze on various chairs all day and night but he has started the real entry for this. Just thought I would let you all know that we're parents!

7 comments:

Anne Britt said...

Super!!Congratulations!!
Les nouvelles cousines sont bien excitee de voir des photos. Bises!
Wow.
Youpii!

Jason said...

Congratulations Axel and Rani! Welcome to the world Mila/Mahara. You have an excellent head-start with your fantastic parents at your beck and call.

Lots of love, Jason and Amy

Mark said...

congrats Rani and Axel. Welcome to parenthood. I am sure you will enjoy your membership privileges. :-)

melissa said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I knew it was a girl!!! I can't wait to see pics and hear the details. Rani I was shocked to get your text ... I thought I was going crazy, but I didn't think Pickles would be making an appearance until October...so I was right....4 weeks early!!! wow...hope you guys are all doing well. We can start our crazy email threads again once you have your first set of questions...feel free to ask away!!!

Hugs to all 3 of you!!!!!!

Melissa and Sophie!!!

Unknown said...

What wonderful news! Looks like Mila Mahara is just beginning the long voyage of keeping you two on your toes. Sending lots of love!

Melina ( and Harri and Jacob and AYomi)
PS when I told Jacob that you had had the baby he wanted to know at EXACTLY what time... :)

indeazgirl said...

Congratulations!!

Susan Crocker said...

Congratulations Rani and Axel! Welcome Mila Mahara! All the best to you three through these newborn weeks!

 
Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.