Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Internet and almost a landline

We met our neighbours last night.  They needed three eggs.  We needed internet.  So we traded.  It was awesome.  We got to see the apartment next door which is similarly set up but with one washroom downstairs rather than ours upstairs and another toilet downstairs.  They are super nice and had no problems giving us the password to the wifi.  

And then today I received a text message from France Telecom telling my that our landline is activated.  But it's not.  Or else the line isn't working.  We can't have everything I guess...but having the landline work would be a nice bonus.

Yesterday we found Vitana, a "bio" (health food) store which is just next to the cathedral which has a whole section for gluten-free stuff.  Axel went nuts and we managed to overfill our granny cart with all kinds of celiac-friendly carbs.   It's pretty expensive so I will have to check out the serpent vert, the big bio store, to compare prices.  However, Vitana is a lot closer, and there is a really good bakery next door and a chocolate store I like to look at on the way.  That morning I also found out that the route we were taking to get to the centre of town was way longer than if we crossed the bridge right at our house.  This is interesting because now I can get to the centre of town in 10 minutes sauntering rather than 15 minutes with my butt in gear.  Axel went for a run and it took him 15 minutes to go around the entire parameter of downtown.  Mind you, he's running and not dealing with people as he's on the water rather than in the heart of the city, but that might give you an idea of how big/small the Strasbourg area really is.  

2 comments:

ranette said...

Axel just figured out that the phone needs a power cord. I guess I'm so used to the phones in North America where the plug has power and connection! Tomorrow I buy a phone.

Unknown said...

GREAT PEOPLE EQUALS GREAT LIFE...

 
Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.